April 27, 2009

We're Pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We found out on Dec. 28 that I was pregnant. Oh if you could have SEEN my face when i read the results on that pregnancy test...we had been trying for quite a few months and so i really thought nope, not this month, but when that wonderful 8-letter word appeared in front of my eyes....well my jaw dropped down to the bathroom tile floor and just hung there, while probably seeping out some drool and than my hand went over my mouth in disbelief and i stared at myself in the mirror and i think i kept saying....oh my gosh! oh my gosh! OH. MY. GOSHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Than the smile overtook me. i was just SO SURPRISED I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE IT - it worked! It was like magic :) Now the next thing to do was to TELL JUSTIN! He was at work, hitting up his late and LONG hours of Florida Auction Prep at the Toledo office. So i debated - do i call him! OH MY GOSH, DO I CALL HIM!!????? And i was like waiting for somebody to answer that question or something. I was by myself though so i needed to make an executive decision. So i drove to the grocery store, i got a packet of buns. hamburger buns. and i had my whole plan all laid out - i was going to wait till he got home and tell him his dinner is in the oven heating up if he wants to go get it. I was going for this: Justin opens Stove, sees nothing but a Bun...IN THE OVEN - and puts two and two together. ok - well SCRATCH THAT - i opted for this delivery instead. I placed the Pregnancy test, with it still reading the word "Pregnant" on the screen, in a long skinny black box, a box that seemed as if it were constructed for this EXACT purpose - that pregnancy test stick fit like a glove in this skinny box. Then i tied a bow on it and i just waited, and waited, AND WAITED ever so anxiously for him to come home. I had it sitting on the coffee table, he came and sat down on the couch next to me as he always does when he gets home - and i shoud have won a friggin' Academy Award for this let me tell you, i ever so non-chalantly said ' - "so when i was cleaning up around here, i found a xmas gift of yours that i totally forgot to give you" and i steared my eyes over to the little box on the coffee table. So he opened it - and it took about a second or two, a good hefty second or two, for him to comprehend that 8-letter word. Than he said: "Really!? Really!" i said "yup, we did it. Than i said something like "Well, One could say we did it...than we did it, huh ;)

We than waited 3 days to share the news on New Year’s Eve with our families. Over the phone at Midnight with the Clark’s (mind you i gave up after the third time Justin and I yelled into the phone "Happy New Year's Grandma To Be!!". JoAnne seriously missed our SHOUT not once, not twice, but yep, THREE times she didn't catch it! So later Justin eventually got the message across to her, it was hilarious! We told my family in person at our New Year’s dinner while up north in Leland with my parents, sister, aunt, uncle and cousin. Justin wore one of his techy toys, a hidden shirt button camera to capture the moment. We re-watched the video with them a dozen times, it made us laugh so hard, here is why:

When we sat down at the dinner table, I told my mom, dad and sister that we forgot to give them one of their xmas presents, so I handed a small box to each of them just as we sat down for dinner. and when they opened it each one of them had a special note saying “You Are Going To Be A Grandma!” or Grandpa or Aunt!

Unfortunately the video cannot be edited down to posting size but i'll share these details of it with you:

My Mom: My mom’s lips...well apparently when she screams in excitement her lips suddenly turn into these crazy duck lips.

My Aunt Janice: Well, you’da thought she was the grandma to be honestly, her reaction is priceless & hilarious! I think her jaw dropped down and stayed down the entire time once she realized what news it was that we were sharing with them

My Dad: He doesn’t even have the attention span to read a SIX-word sentence (You Are Going To Be A Grandpa!) instead he shouts “do we gotta do this now THESE STEAKS ARE GONNA GET COLD!) He still didn't even read the flipping note in the box! But by the reaction of everyone else after they read their notes, he had figured it out & smiled.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love how you told Justin, cute idea, I should have done something like that. I was just too excited though and Jeff was home when I took the test. Actually I peed on the first digital test I took wrong and the test failed. Who pees on a stick wrong?? leave it to me! I had to go out and spend more money on another one.